Javascript is required to view this map.

Ulmas al-Hagib mosque

The mosque of the Mamluk amir Ulmas al-Hagib is located on Mohammad Ali Street and was  built in 1330 A.D. by Prince Saif addin Ulmas. The complex is one of the few remaining mosques of that period.

The mosque has a rectangular shape; the main courtyard was covered with awnings. The minaret collapsed many years later.

 

Until recently the building has been shallowly flooded due to a high ground-water table.

Ulmas al-Hagib mosque
Ulmas al-Hagib mosque

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2019 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage