Javascript is required to view this map.

Sidi Madian mosque

The mosque is located on madian lane branched from Bab Al-Bahr Street. It was founded by Khawand Moghl wife of as-Sultan az-Zahir Jaqmaq, in 852 A.H. 1448 A.D. The mosque is the named after Sheikh Sidi Madian

 

The plan is composed of a courtyard surrounded by two iwans and two other small iwans, a mausoleum and some cells.  The minaret was dismantled at the end of the 20 th century and not reconstructed.

Sidi Madian mosque
Sidi Madian mosque

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2019 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage