Javascript is required to view this map.

Saray ‘Abdin

The palace is located in Abdin district, the Palace remained the official residence of the royal family from 1874 until the 1952 Revolution. The French architect De Curel Del Rosso was entrusted with the task. It was rebuilt by the renowned architect Antoine Lasciac between 1909 and 1911.

Abdin palace comprised 500 rooms, excluding entrance halls. Reception rooms, official and private, were exquisitely decorated, in both Western and Eastern styles. The lower floors contain the Silver Museum, the Arms Museum, the Royal Family Museum, and the Presidential Gifts Museum.

Saray Abdin
Saray Abdin

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2019 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage