Javascript is required to view this map.

Qazdughli Palace

Villa Cāsdaglī (Qazdughli), nowadays school ‘Alī ‘Abdallat īf; founded in the 1 st decade of the 20 th century by Architect Edward Matasek. Shortly before 1909 the villa was owned by Emanuel Cāsdaglī (of Greek origin); the family Cāsdaglī moved out in the forties and the villa was leased by US government and was the residence of Judge Bert Fish, US envoy of Egypt.

The conservation and restoration study was funded by US Embassy in Cairo and will be supervised by the Supreme Council of Antiquities under the patronage of Prof. Dr. Zahi Hawass, Secretary General of SCA.

The project will take about one year in two phases. The building will be rehabilitated and adapted to be reused as Conservation science museum.

The first study phase will include a historical architectural study; an environmental study, photographic documentation; laboratory analyses on glass, paintings and wood; dermaphot, and endoscopic study, geotechnical and landscape studies, as well as structure assessment study; and a complete geotechnical study.

The second phase will includes the preparing of the architectural and structural working drawings, plumbing and electromechanical works; guidelines for fine restoration works, and the required Specifications works and BOQ for the tender.

North Facade
Main entrance hall
Reception Room

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2019 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage