Javascript is required to view this map.

Muhammed Ali Palace

The palace is located at Shubra al-Kheyma district.The construction started in1809 A.D.and completed in 1922 A.D.by the order of Muhammed Ali Pasha. The first building constructed on the site was the main residence palace. The addition was to be the Fountain Palace or ‘El-Faskeyya’ which consists of a colonnade divided into four terraces enclosed by a square pool. The rooms of the building occupy its four corners.

External facade
Fountain at night

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2019 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage