Javascript is required to view this map.

Kum-al-Nadura area

Kum al- Nadura is located at Bahari Street , Goumrouk area- Alexandria, founded at the Fatimid period used at cemetery for many Islamic well know persons.

The tower was founded after the demolition of the old one in 1923, with a height of 24.50 m of octagonal shape. This hillock is situated between the two ports inside the northern wall. The new fort on top of the hill was built to serve as a citadel and protect that part of the town on the peninsula. It has barracks and cisterns but was, none the less, a simple earthwork. This emplacement was also named after a general killed during the French expedition :Caffarelli.

Kum Al Nadura
Kum Al Nadura tower

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2019 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage