Javascript is required to view this map.

Khan Al-Khashla building

 

The building goes back to the Ottoman period 1134 A.H. It was founded as khan by Hammud family, and was used as barracks then a prison, at the end of this decade it was used as residence for refugees.

The building is composed of a courtyard surrounded by three storeys, the ground floor has shops overlooking the street and cells from courtyard direction. Each storey had several rooms opening on a corridor and overlooking the courtyard through pointed arches. 

Khan Al-Khashla building
Khan Al-Khashla building

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2019 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage