Javascript is required to view this map.

Great Mansuri Mosque

The Great Mansuri Mosque is located at Nouri district. It was founded by the order of Sultan Ashraf Khalil Ibn Qala'un  in 692 A.H./ 1293 A.D.

The Great Mosque remains the largest and best known of the city's mosques.The Great Mosque occupies an area of about 50 x 60 meters in the middle of the city. The plan shows a traditional arrangement with a central courtyard, single porticoes on three sides, a deeper qibla side for prayer, and a central fountain. The prayer hall consists of two aisles divided by six large piers to form fourteen compartments.

Great Mansuri Mosque
Great Mansuri Mosque

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2019 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage