Javascript is required to view this map.

Ganibek-Al-Ashrafi mosque

The Mosque is located at al-Megharbilin Street near al-Qerabiyin outside Zuwayla Gate. The Mosque was founded in 1426- 27 A.D. by Prince Saifad -din Gani ibn Abdallah al-Dawadar al-Malaki al-Ashrafy. \

The mosque was founded in 830H/ 25 April - 27 May 1427A.D.  The building consists of a Dirqah connected to a bent corridor ending to an open Sahn, surrounded by four Iwans', the biggest of them is Iwan al- Qibla. The building originally included a Sabil at the north-east corner of the main facade.

Ganibek-Al-Ashrafi mosque
Ganibek-Al-Ashrafi mosque

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2019 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage