Javascript is required to view this map.

Ganem Al-Bahlawan mosque

The madrasa is located at Suroujiya district to the right of Bab-Zuwayla direction, towards Qawsoun Mosque lane. The Schools's North West facade overlooks al-Suroujiya Street. It was founded in 883H./1478 A.D. by as-Seify Ganim ibn Abdallah as-Seify Qanibay al-Bahlawan. The School's plan consists of a rectangular hall and two Iwans. The south-east Iwan consists of two Riwaqs (arcades) running parallel to the Qibla wall. North west Iwan consists of one riwaq , the arcade has three arches carried by two marble columns.

Ganem Al-Bahlawan mosque
Ganem Al-Bahlawan mosque

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2019 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage