Javascript is required to view this map.

Gamal az-Dahabi house

The house is located in Harat Hoshqadam. It was founded in 1047 A.H./ 1637 A.D by Gamal Addin az-dahabi , head of Egypt tradesmen at that time.

The ground floor is composed of the central courtyard in the middle of which is octagonal colored marble fountain. The loggia at the first floor consists of a rectangular area overlooking the courtyard. In the south west side of the loggia is a small Iwan, to the east there is the main hall.

Gamal az-Dahabi house
Gamal az-Dahabi house

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2019 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage